Does the FID detector require Nitrogen make up flow in Standby mode?

Hi,  I am wondering if the FID detector requires nitrogen make up flow while in standby mode or is it sufficient to have the FID idle at a temperature above 100 to protect it in downtime.

Thanks.

Parents
  • The FID typically has makeup flow of nitrogen or helium during normal operation.  If the system is simply idling between batches of samples, you can turn off the FID flame and all flows off.  When you start back up, allow 10-15 minutes for the baseline to stabilize.  During standby I would keep the FID temperature at its normal method setpoint.  If you want to lower it, keep it above 100 or the oven temperature, whichever is higher.

• The FID typically has makeup flow of nitrogen or helium during normal operation.  If the system is simply idling between batches of samples, you can turn off the FID flame and all flows off.  When you start back up, allow 10-15 minutes for the baseline to stabilize.  During standby I would keep the FID temperature at its normal method setpoint.  If you want to lower it, keep it above 100 or the oven temperature, whichever is higher.

Children
Was this helpful?