Back det H2 flow

Hello,

In my 6890 GC-FID appears the status message: Back det H2 flow. It is a random message and when it appears I have a lot of noise in my chromatogram

I have cleaned the detector, the jet and reinstalled the column but the problem appears again. I also checked the leaks in the line and it is ok.

I have another FID detector in the front and it Works correctly.

Any advice? What should I be looking at?

Many thanks

Parents
  • Hello isoterma,

Maybe try a new jet ? Cleaning doesn't always get rid of restriction in the jet. I see your supply is supplying both detectors but if the pressure is on the lower side of acceptable raising the pressure may cure the issue. For the 6890 the FID pressure range is 35 to 100 PSI at the back of the GC. If your supply has a gas trap and a long run of gas line there can be pressure loss over distance. I always like setting most supply gases for FID to 60 PSI or higher.

Regards

James

• Hello isoterma,

Maybe try a new jet ? Cleaning doesn't always get rid of restriction in the jet. I see your supply is supplying both detectors but if the pressure is on the lower side of acceptable raising the pressure may cure the issue. For the 6890 the FID pressure range is 35 to 100 PSI at the back of the GC. If your supply has a gas trap and a long run of gas line there can be pressure loss over distance. I always like setting most supply gases for FID to 60 PSI or higher.

Regards

James

Children
Was this helpful?