Blank Run

Hi

I have noticed something different this morning. I did a black run without injection( after I changed the inlet and septum) using my method(same method) continuously for three times. All the three times I am getting different chromatogram, as seen below. Can anyone help me and explain why they are different and is there anything wrong which I need to correct. I am using GC 7820 A with FID Detector.

Run 1

Run 2

Run 3

Thanks in Advance

Revathy

Parents Reply Children
  • Technically, your column should not need to get conditioned by 'baking' very often. Specially, if it is left on the system. I wouldn't by default bake your column each time. You can also condition the column by running test injections-possibly of the standards. I know we have a column where we run test injections for hours for it to get conditioned. We only 'bake' the column when these test injections don't look like they are getting progressively better (assuming running test injections of the standard or blank is ok where you work at). We run them but we document these test injections appropriately (for Audit purposes)

Was this helpful?