Blank Run

Hi

I have noticed something different this morning. I did a black run without injection( after I changed the inlet and septum) using my method(same method) continuously for three times. All the three times I am getting different chromatogram, as seen below. Can anyone help me and explain why they are different and is there anything wrong which I need to correct. I am using GC 7820 A with FID Detector.

Run 1

Run 2

Run 3

Thanks in Advance

Revathy

Parents
  • Hi revathy,

Tags have been updated for better visibility . Looks like you are getting some good response to your post.

Regards

James

• Thank you all for your suggestions,  this helps me in understanding things better and the reasons behind and how to avoid, like the wavy line at the end due to condensation. In one of my method I am using Inlet temperature 350 degree, column initial 70 till 300 and the detector 325 degree.  If I understand correct, when I condition the column the Inlet should be 370( 20 degree above), column 325(25 degree above) and detector 350(25 degree above).  I understand from the above discussion that we should not condition the column too often and it may damage the stationary phase, I will try and avoid this.  My sample is a mixture of solvent and high boiling point resins(viscous sample) and so I am getting good response of the resin peak when I increase the inlet to 350 degree.Because it is a dirty sample, I can see lot of carry over as well. If I run a batch of samples I usually condition the column for atleast 4 hrs. Instead of conditioning how to avoid this contamination/carry over am putting as much as rhinse in  between the sample.

Thanks in advance

Revathy

• Thank you all for your suggestions,  this helps me in understanding things better and the reasons behind and how to avoid, like the wavy line at the end due to condensation. In one of my method I am using Inlet temperature 350 degree, column initial 70 till 300 and the detector 325 degree.  If I understand correct, when I condition the column the Inlet should be 370( 20 degree above), column 325(25 degree above) and detector 350(25 degree above).  I understand from the above discussion that we should not condition the column too often and it may damage the stationary phase, I will try and avoid this.  My sample is a mixture of solvent and high boiling point resins(viscous sample) and so I am getting good response of the resin peak when I increase the inlet to 350 degree.Because it is a dirty sample, I can see lot of carry over as well. If I run a batch of samples I usually condition the column for atleast 4 hrs. Instead of conditioning how to avoid this contamination/carry over am putting as much as rhinse in  between the sample.

Thanks in advance

Revathy

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?