Blank Run

Hi

I have noticed something different this morning. I did a black run without injection( after I changed the inlet and septum) using my method(same method) continuously for three times. All the three times I am getting different chromatogram, as seen below. Can anyone help me and explain why they are different and is there anything wrong which I need to correct. I am using GC 7820 A with FID Detector.

Run 1

Run 2

Run 3

Thanks in Advance

Revathy

Parents
  • Hi,

First of all when you condition your column there is not need to go to the max temp, I would say that 10-15 over the max temperature used during your analysis should be enough. Hiting the max temp will shorten column life time, and will degrade the stationary phase which will appear in the next chromatograms.

Second point, use a temperature ramp as well once your gradient temp reached the max temp to go down to it's intial temp (10°C min), at least until the oven temp reached 120* this will also help to prevent stationary phase condensation during the oven cool down.

Actually what you see at the end of your chromatogram (Wavy baseline) is most likely condensated stationary phase from the previous runs coming out of your column...

• Hi,

First of all when you condition your column there is not need to go to the max temp, I would say that 10-15 over the max temperature used during your analysis should be enough. Hiting the max temp will shorten column life time, and will degrade the stationary phase which will appear in the next chromatograms.

Second point, use a temperature ramp as well once your gradient temp reached the max temp to go down to it's intial temp (10°C min), at least until the oven temp reached 120* this will also help to prevent stationary phase condensation during the oven cool down.

Actually what you see at the end of your chromatogram (Wavy baseline) is most likely condensated stationary phase from the previous runs coming out of your column...

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?