Volatiles Interface GC Inlet

Hello,

as far as I know, it is not possible to configure nitrogen as carrier gas on volatile interface GC inlet. Does anyone know why? Something related to small inlet volume?

Thanks

Parents
  • Great Question. Most Agilent inlets can be configured for four gas types with The VI Inlet being the exception. I will attempt to find an answer. The Manual confirms what you are seeing as I pasted below.

The inlet electronic pressure control (EPC) modules are calibrated for up to 4 carrier gases: Split/Splitless capillary (SS), Purged packed (PP), Programmable temperature vaporization (PTV), Multi-Mode (MM), and cool on-column (COC) are calibrated for Helium, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Argon methane 5%. o Volatiles inlet VI is calibrated for only Helium and Hydrogen.

• Great Question. Most Agilent inlets can be configured for four gas types with The VI Inlet being the exception. I will attempt to find an answer. The Manual confirms what you are seeing as I pasted below.

The inlet electronic pressure control (EPC) modules are calibrated for up to 4 carrier gases: Split/Splitless capillary (SS), Purged packed (PP), Programmable temperature vaporization (PTV), Multi-Mode (MM), and cool on-column (COC) are calibrated for Helium, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Argon methane 5%. o Volatiles inlet VI is calibrated for only Helium and Hydrogen.

Children
Was this helpful?