GC 7890A - FID shutdown after failure to reach airflow setpoint - any advice?

Hello,

I cannot keep the FID on for any length of time before it shuts itself down. We are using Hydrogen. The setpoint for air flow is at 400 mL/min, but the instrument is barely reaching 300 mL/min before it shuts down the FID.

I am a novice at troubleshooting GCs, so I'm not even certain where to begin. Any advice? What should I be looking at?

Parents
  • Hello,

You can try to reinstall the column. Be sure you fallow the instuctions for your Inlet. Use new ferrules.

After you disconnected your Column check if the path from the inlet is free. ( use a very this needle. We used an old CG needle for that.

And when you do this, just change the Jet as well.

Reinstall the column and tighten it with your hands. When u did it use the tool and only go for another quarter round.

Not to tight, or you might destroy the ferrule.

Close the oven and try "safe" settings. put the makeup gas the last.

Also check if the gas flow to the device around 6 bar or 90 psi is.

I hope I helped you.

Good Luck

• Hello,

You can try to reinstall the column. Be sure you fallow the instuctions for your Inlet. Use new ferrules.

After you disconnected your Column check if the path from the inlet is free. ( use a very this needle. We used an old CG needle for that.

And when you do this, just change the Jet as well.

Reinstall the column and tighten it with your hands. When u did it use the tool and only go for another quarter round.

Not to tight, or you might destroy the ferrule.

Close the oven and try "safe" settings. put the makeup gas the last.

Also check if the gas flow to the device around 6 bar or 90 psi is.

I hope I helped you.

Good Luck

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?