7890B/ALS/FID will not inject due to "External Device Not Ready" - what should I check?

7890B/ALS/FID will not inject due to "External Device Not Ready" - what should I check?

It is currently hooked up to an eSAT/IN which is part of an Empower 3 data system. I am using Agilent signal and start cables. This worked a day or two ago, now when we try to start a run, we consistently get "external device not ready". We even powered it down when rebooting was no help. There is no ready cable connection.

Thanks in advance,

DR

Parents
  • Hi squawkbert,

On the front panel of the 7890, is the not ready light on? If not, then something on the remote bus is sending a not ready. Usually with external device it is what is connected to the remote cable. If you pull the remote cable to the waters interface box, will it inject? If that interface doesnt use a remote cable, then the issue would be with the data system. Its hard to make suggestions as when the control is by another manufacturer other than Agilent as we do not know their hardware/ software. Please update us with the result, Someone else in the Agilent community with the same set up may have a better idea.

Regards

James

• Hi squawkbert,

On the front panel of the 7890, is the not ready light on? If not, then something on the remote bus is sending a not ready. Usually with external device it is what is connected to the remote cable. If you pull the remote cable to the waters interface box, will it inject? If that interface doesnt use a remote cable, then the issue would be with the data system. Its hard to make suggestions as when the control is by another manufacturer other than Agilent as we do not know their hardware/ software. Please update us with the result, Someone else in the Agilent community with the same set up may have a better idea.

Regards

James

Children
Was this helpful?