7683 Series ALS on 6890N GC won't inject

I have a 6890N GC-FID with a 7683 Series ALS and I'm using Agilent Open Lab (EZChrom Edition) software.  The software won't trigger the autosampler to make an injection.   A box appears on the screen with the message 'Incompatible Tray'.  I have verified that "External" is chosen as the source of the injection in the software.  I've replaced the autosampler tray with another tray that is known to be working, and I've replaced the tray cable.  I've also rebooted the GC and the computer.   None of these things have corrected the problem.  Is there anything else I can try, or does this indicate a bad board?

Parents
  • Hello behringerd,

Could you provide a firmware of the instrument and the revision of Ezchrom? You can find the revision of Ezchrom from the help>about menu in the interface and the firmware you can find from the front panel of the instrument by clicking options then scroll to diagnostics and click enter then scroll to instrument status and press enter. Then from that menu there are firmware listed for the GC, which is listed as "version" and also a firmware version for the sampler and injector. Thank you

• Hello behringerd,

Could you provide a firmware of the instrument and the revision of Ezchrom? You can find the revision of Ezchrom from the help>about menu in the interface and the firmware you can find from the front panel of the instrument by clicking options then scroll to diagnostics and click enter then scroll to instrument status and press enter. Then from that menu there are firmware listed for the GC, which is listed as "version" and also a firmware version for the sampler and injector. Thank you

Children
Was this helpful?