compounds in end of injection, shifts and making a large diform peak together

Hi,

We've been experiencing problems since a little while with our P&T GC/MS for VOC analysis.   We calib with 2 stds, one at conc.2 and the other at conc.20.

The one at conc 20, is as usual.  But the std 2, we lose sensibility for the lasts compounds (1,2,4-trichlorobenzene; naphtalene; 1,2,3-trichlorobenzene).  They are also shifting in retention time and making a large difform peak together in the TIC.

We already done the injector, change the ferrule, cut the column.  Done also the same thing at the interface.  No leaks have been found.

Do someone have ideas to help?

Parents
  • Hello,

Are you using a water method like 524 or 8260?  I was just wondering because I have similar issues with those compounds at such low concentration for the 8260.  I would recommend adding more points and either going higher unless it is drinking water.  I have to go to 5 ppb to get good results for those on the 8260.  If you need a 2 go to the 524 with 0.5 to 10 ppb.  I have to use at least 5 points.

• Hello,

Are you using a water method like 524 or 8260?  I was just wondering because I have similar issues with those compounds at such low concentration for the 8260.  I would recommend adding more points and either going higher unless it is drinking water.  I have to go to 5 ppb to get good results for those on the 8260.  If you need a 2 go to the 524 with 0.5 to 10 ppb.  I have to use at least 5 points.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?