supply voltage PSI module

Hello!

I have a qustion.

how can i see the supply voltage on the module PSI ?

Azrael

Parents
  • Hello Azrael,

Sorry that I interfere.

It would be helpful to find out which specific problem is present?
       (e.g. pressure not stable, not achieved, etc. + EPC values)

Over the years, my EPC troubleshooting support has shown the following:
    From an electronics enthusiast's point of view, I understand the voltage monitoring desire; but from a supporter's point of view, I have to look at the whole system.
    This entire system consists of EPC, inlet, tubes & fittings; where voltages cannot detect a loose fitting or indicate clogged tubes/valves by sample residue. Only pneumatic tests are useful for checking an entire inlet system.

There are a few ways to do pneumatic P.M. / checks (for leaks or restrictions):
    - P.M. on split vent line & trap, which can clog with samples.
       ~ the split tube can be easily changed or even flushed.
       ~ the cylindrical split vent trap can only be changed (please do not try to clean it!)

- Since leaks are a regular companion, regular EPC checks are recommended:
       ~ Pressure checks (SL Quick check or pressure decay test)
       ~ Restriction test
     Details on how to carry out pneumatic checks: call up the link at the end of this text.

- In RARE cases, the flow measurement of a valve is also helpful, using an external flow meter:
       ~ Split vent out:
          * If EPC is in Splitless mode (+ 2x prep run), no flow should be measurable from this outlet.
          * If a flow can be measured, there is a leak on the valve. (Similar to brake pads on the car, these are also consumables.)

~ Septum purge:
          * With the 7890 this is a method parameter: is the displayed actual SP flow = the externally measured flow?
          * Example of a defect (that occurs extremely rarely): if the setpoint is 3ml & the measured flow is approx. 30ml, then the valve is usually defective.

Finally:
       - In the event of blockages or leaks: sorry, but voltage monitoring does not help to observe the whole inlet system.
       - Only helping step:

~ pneumatic checks, it's the same what service engineers typically do on site.
          ~ Step-by-step description for leak- & restriction checks:
          https://community.agilent.com/docs/DOC-1864-how-to-simulate-an-inlet-trap-test-check-remotely-using-only-masshunterchemstation-method-changes

regards, M

• hello mhardacker !

thanks for your answer and for the link!

I was interested in how a work EPC module. And I think what watching the supply voltage gives me more information about the state the module. I had one problem with FID detector. A new device 7890 with two FID detector. and on one detector the flame began to go out, and then stopped igniting. how can this be on a new detector? I did not have a flow meter and could compare the supply voltages on the valves of both detectors and roughly estimate the state of the gas flow. There is no pressure control sensor on these modules for the detector (or maybe this is not the Electronic Pressure Control module?). I checked the candle, the flow ratio is correct, but the flame still went out. then I disassembled the detector and reassembled it. and it all worked. and now I think the reason was poorly twisted details. because when I took apart the detector I unscrewed the head too easily. And hydrogen gas seeped into the gap and, accordingly, the flame was extinguished. What is your opinion on this?

regards. Azrael

• hello mhardacker !

thanks for your answer and for the link!

I was interested in how a work EPC module. And I think what watching the supply voltage gives me more information about the state the module. I had one problem with FID detector. A new device 7890 with two FID detector. and on one detector the flame began to go out, and then stopped igniting. how can this be on a new detector? I did not have a flow meter and could compare the supply voltages on the valves of both detectors and roughly estimate the state of the gas flow. There is no pressure control sensor on these modules for the detector (or maybe this is not the Electronic Pressure Control module?). I checked the candle, the flow ratio is correct, but the flame still went out. then I disassembled the detector and reassembled it. and it all worked. and now I think the reason was poorly twisted details. because when I took apart the detector I unscrewed the head too easily. And hydrogen gas seeped into the gap and, accordingly, the flame was extinguished. What is your opinion on this?

regards. Azrael

Children
Was this helpful?