Chemstation pre-run command/macro

Hello,

I wonder if I can use a pre-run command/macro to be executed in chemstation C.01.07 "Run time Checklist", for on/off activation of an external valve? I want to flush gas sample tubings as well as the loop on a gas sampling valve with proper amount af sample gas from a tedlar bag before injection, using a mirco pump connected as an external valve to the 7890B GC.

The gas samples are analyzed by the 7890B GC using sequence runs in chemstation.

Does anybody have a solution? How do I program a pre-run command for run time checklist? Where can I find the commands?

With kind regards -

Lars  

Parents
  • Hello,

Below is a macro that you should be able to use for this purpose. This was written for valve 1, but can be adapted for other valves. The macro should turn on the designated valve for 15 seconds, and then turn it off and wait 10 seconds for the pressure in the loop to come down to atmospheric pressure. Then the GC will start.

Name valve1

If _OFFLINE=0 Then

If _InstType$="68GC" then 

Writemodule "68GC","V1SW 1"

Sleep 15

Writemodule "68GC","V1SW 0"

Sleep 10

EndIf

If _InstType$="78GC" Then

While acqstatus$ <>"PRERUN"

Sleep 5

EndWhile

SetHardWareItemInt 1,"Valve.1.setpoint",1

Sleep 15

SetHardWareItemInt 1,"Valve.1.setpoint",0

Sleep 10

EndIf

EndIf

endmacro

• Hello,

Thank you for very quick reply ! :-)

The macro example you published work perfectly for my purpose.

Do you know where I can find other chemstation macro commands, or even better, similar pre-run or post-run macro examples?

With kind regards -

Lars Kürstein

Reply Children
Was this helpful?