Bioanalyzer 2100 (G2939A) Autofocus failure

My Bioanalyzer 2100 (G2939A, Firmware C.01.069, Software B.02.11.SI824) doesn't perform recently by error message: " Unable to detect any marker as there are no peaks available. If possible, you should try to modify the integrator setpoints or add peaks using manual integration to solve this problem." When I checked the electrophoresis image, the marker peak is tiny. The reagents is new. So I have run a full diagnostics tests, and found that all the testes are passed except the autofocus test. What is the possible reason of the Autofocus failure? How should I handle it? I have the test file: Diagnosis_13-11-2023_11-41-36.xdy", but the file type isn't allowed in here for uploading

Best,

Ran

• Hi Ran,

Thank you for contacting us and I am sorry to hear that you are observing this issue. Based on the symptoms observed (low signal intensity causing the lower markers not to be detected combined with the autofocus failure) may indicate hardware failure (specifically, laser may be failing). A recommendation is to clean the lens and repeat the hardware diagnostics test making sure that you are using unexpired test chips (electrode diode and autofocus chips). Clean lens as described in “Cleaning the Lens” on page 138 of the Maintenance & Troubleshooting Guide. During diagnostics, please carefully and correctly enter the offset value from the autofocus test chip when prompted by the software for the autofocus test. 

If the failure persists, please email technical support at electrophoresis@agilent.com. Please collect and share the support package and your raw data file that ends in .xad so we can evaluate the data. There are two ways to create the Support Package:

• from PC Start menu > Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer > Create Support Package Put checkmarks in all of the boxes and click Collect.
    • from within the 2100 Expert software, Go to Help>Create Support Package. Put checkmarks in all of the boxes and click Collect.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Was this helpful?