Fragment analyser (HS NGS kit) fail to achieve 4µA

Hi everyone,

I've an issue with the fragment analyser (5200) my migration is aborted because the µA target is not achieved (4 instead of 5-1500µA).

The error log is called "HV supply" and I've notice that the little light "HV ON" is not turned on during the previous tests and the beginning of the migration.

The maintenace is well followed and I don't know what can be done to resolve this problem. Maybe someone here have an idea?

Best regards, 

Rachel 

• Hi Rachel-MGX,

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear that you are observing this error message. To address the ‘HV supply' error please see my recommendations below (points 1-8):

1. Power cycle
      1. Turn off the instrument and then computer.
      2. Unplug the two USB cables from the back of the computer.
      3. Wait approximately 10 minutes.
      4. Reconnect the USB cables to different ports than were used before. We recommend keeping at least 1 port empty between the 2 cables.
      5. Start up the computer and wait for it to get to the desktop screen.
      6. Turn on the instrument, wait for at least 10 seconds.
      7. Launch FA software.
    2. Check HV cable (white plug that has a yellow triangle above it). Push it in all the way and ensure it is on firmly.
    3. Make sure inlet buffer is fully replaced and that the inlet buffer is not topped off.
    4. Ensure all plates and bottles contain sufficient volume and that the tubing in the bottles is fully submerged in the liquid.
    5. Drawers, lids and doors should be tightly closed without any gaps.
    6. Ensure correct dilutions of buffers were prepared and that reagents are in the correct location.
    7. This could be related to a corrupt method.  There is a way to verify if the method is corrupt by examining it in the queue prior to starting the run. The screen shot below shows a good method (green box) and a corrupt method (red box). In the corrupt method the pressure and fill settings are set to 0 for the Conditioning and Gel lines. I recommend sending a screenshot of the method you were using with the Conditioning and Gel lines visible, as in screenshot below, to electrophoresis@agilent.com, particularly if the method is corrupt so we can send you a new default method file.

8. Please verify the top cover interlock. See the below picture for the location. When the lid is closed, this magnet is sensed by the instrument and allows the HV to be turned on. If the magnet has fallen and is no longer in place, it is possible that you will encounter these errors. If the magnet has fallen, please email electrophoresis@agilent.com.

If there are still questions, please email electrophoresis@agilent.com. If the error persists, please email electrophoresis@agilent.com the error and event reports. From the controller software go to Admin > select Error report and select date range from when the instrument was working fine to today.  Please do the same for Event report. Please save and send in the PDF files. 

Was this helpful?