This Information Applies To: Agilent OpenLab CDS Software (ver 2.x).
This article will give instructions on how to submit a single sample run in the OpenLab CDS Software.
Steps to follow:
- Launch the acquisition software through the OpenLab Control Panel, selecting Instruments in the bottom-left corner menu, then selecting the instrument from the list of instruments and clicking Launch. Alternatively, do it by double-clicking the shortcut on the PC desktop (if there is a shortcut created).
- In the Acquisition window's Home tab, select the Single Sample layout.
- Enter or select all necessary or relevant Run Information: Sample name, Acq. method (Acquisition Method), Proc. method (Processing Method), Result path, Result name (see Figure 1).
- For Sample name and Result name, any of the various token options available can be selected to quickly assign counters, acquisition method, date, or other variables to the name.
- Under Autosampler, select the Injection source and Injection volume and specify the Vial position.
- In the Processing Section, enter values for Sample amount, Multiplier, Dilution Factor (Dil.factor), or the Level if the Calibration check box is selected.
- It is also possible to a Sample Description and prioritize the sample within the run queue by clicking the check box Prioritize Sample.
- Click Run to launch the measurement and analysis of the single sample (see Figure 1). The sample will be added to the Run Queue
Figure 1. How to submit a single sample in OpenLab CDS
Tips: A set of single runs can be processed in Data Analysis as a new result set. See Creating a New Result Set From Self-Assembled Result Sets - OpenLab CDS (ver 2.x).
Learn how to effectively operate your Agilent OpenLab CDS Software:
HPLC-OLII-1122e - Agilent OpenLab CDS for HPLC - Instrument Status and Single Runs e-learning course on Agilent University