This Information Applies To: Agilent Intuvo 9000 GC and Agilent 5977A/B GC/MSD with MassHunter Data Acquisition software for GC/MS
In the middle of a sequence run, Masshunter Acquisition displays an error message "The instrument cannot be run when it is in the following state: FAST_VENT".
Run is halted and the next row in the sequence will need to be started manually to continue the sequence run.
In an attempt to clear the error message, the MSD is fully vented and then powered on again and allowed to fully pump down to a ready state. Upon the next launch of Masshunter Acquisition software, the vacuum control shows the status Ready To Run, and the sequence run can start. However the same error is displayed again during the sequence run. The GC/MSD is reconfigured in MassHunter, and the default method file is loaded to check for any method corruption issues, unfortunately, the same error still persists.
Steps to Follow
1. Close MassHunter Acquisition software.
2. On the Intuvo 9000 instrument touch screen, select Setting then Configuration. See Figure 1.
3. Select Detector. As you scroll down, you can see Vent and Pump Down button in MSD Options. See Figure 2.
4. Press the Vent button. Vent cycle will start.
5. You do not need to fully vent. Wait for 1–2 minutes and press Pump Down button.
6. Scroll up and check the MS status. If MS status changes to Ready, you will not see the Fast Vent message anymore. See Figure 3.
7. If the same error remains, contact your local Agilent service representative.
Learn how to effectively troubleshoot your Agilent GC/MSD:
Agilent 5977 GC/MSD with MassHunter Workstation eLearning path available from Agilent education