This Information Applies To: All Agilent GC systems, Headspace Samplers, and Automatic Liquid Samplers.
Sometimes there maybe a need to upgrade the Agilent GCs, ALSs, or headspace samplers firmware versions to meet the requirement of a software upgrade, Agilent recommendation, or interoperability issues.
Steps to follow:
Caution: Always use complete downloaded firmware file. Do not interrupt communication, or turn off GC and computer during firmware update process
1. Download the appropriate firmware files from GC Firmware Update page in Agilent.com.
Notice: Please remember to take note of the folder location where you have saved and extracted your firmware file for Step 6 of this procedure.
2. Launch the Agilent GC Firmware Update Tool from Windows Start > Agilent Technologies folder. (See Figure 1)
Notice: The Agilent GC Firmware Update Utility can be installed from the following resources: From A.com: GC Firmware Update, On the Agilent GC and GC/MS User Manual and Tools DVD set, which is shipped with all Agilent GC, Headspace, GC/MS instrument as part of an installation ship kit. Finally, it could also be found on the 8860/8890 GC Firmware Disk.
3. Select GC and ALS, and then the required instrument model, in this example an 8890 GC. (see Figure 2)
4. Enter Instrument IP Address and Click Connect. (See Figure 3)
7. During the firmware update process, the instrument will reboot.
8. When the update is completed, click the Disconnect button. (See Figure 5)
9. Verify the firmware version on the instrument to be the desired firmware version.
- 8890 GC Firmware version is shown on the touch screen Display under Settings > About. (See Figure 6)
|Figure 6. Firmware version on Agilent 8890 GC|
- 7890A/B GC Firmware is shown on the Keypad Display by pressing Service > Diagnostic > Instrument Status.
Learn more on how to update the Agilent GC Firmware:
GC Firmware Update Utility Instructions user manual on Agilent.com