Chlorinated paraffins

Does anybody have any experience with the determination of short chain chlorinated paraffins by LC-MS?

Thanks to all!

Parents
  • Hi ,

I'm not experienced in this area, but I'm interested in learning more. What are such paraffins used for? Are you interested in detecting their presence in the environment, where they would be undesired pollutants? Or are you interested in characterizing them in substances used for industrial purposes?  That will help us find help for you.

Thanks. - Josh

• Hi ,

I'm interested to detection and quantification of short chain chlorinated paraffins in leather and textile.

The actual method is based on GC-MS/MS with EI but is impossible to distinguish between short, medium and long paraffins (short C10-C13, medium C14-C17, long C18-C21).

The new ISO test method proposed a determination by GC-MS/MS by ECNI but the preliminary results submitted in commission is not good.

I test new method by LC-MS and I observe an ion cluster for different type of chloroparaffins (short, medium and long) and for difference grade od chlorination

The scope is the determination only short paraffins and quantification at 0.1 mg/kg

Thank you Josh!

Riccardo

• Hi ,

I'm interested to detection and quantification of short chain chlorinated paraffins in leather and textile.

The actual method is based on GC-MS/MS with EI but is impossible to distinguish between short, medium and long paraffins (short C10-C13, medium C14-C17, long C18-C21).

The new ISO test method proposed a determination by GC-MS/MS by ECNI but the preliminary results submitted in commission is not good.

I test new method by LC-MS and I observe an ion cluster for different type of chloroparaffins (short, medium and long) and for difference grade od chlorination

The scope is the determination only short paraffins and quantification at 0.1 mg/kg

Thank you Josh!

Riccardo

Children
Was this helpful?