how to ignore the area of the compounds used for RRT

Hello,
I want to calculate the % area of an unknown sample using Openlab CDS 2.7. I add 1-pentanol for RRT calculation and I want to exclude its area for the % area calculation. I do not know if there is any option to exclude the area for the “RRT compounds” or if I have to do a custom calculation for that.
Thank you very much for your help.
Oihana

Parents
  • Hello,

You would need to do a custom calculation to get that result. See the example below. I show 2 ways to do the total area calculation. The first is using the peak status as a time reference the other is by the compound name. 

By Is time reference 

TotalAreaAdj Scope - Signal Type-Double

CurrentSignal.AllPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_IsTimeReference  = False).Select(function(x) x.Peak_Area).Sum

OR

By compound name with the name as a separate CC to allow you to change it without editing the CC directly

CompName Scope - Sequence Type - String

"YOUR COMPOUND NAME"

TotalAreaAdj Scope - Signal Type-Double

CurrentSignal.AllPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_Name.ToUpper()  <> GetStringCC("CompName")).Select(function(x) x.Peak_Area).Sum

Final calculation for either method

AreaPercentAdj Scope - Peak or Group Type - Double

Peak_Area / CurrentSignal.GetDoubleCC("TotalAreaAdj") * 100

Marty

• Hi Marty,

Thank you very much for your answer. The "currentSignal.GetDoubleCC("TotalAreaAdj") does not give any value. Instead, I have used just "TotalAreaAdj" and it works. the final equation is "Peak_Area/TotalAreaAdj*100".

I really appreciate you help.

Thanks

Oihana

• Hello,

Okay you may not have the scope setup correctly on the TotalAreaAdj as that worked on my CDS 2.7 system. It should not be an issue for single channel data but if you ever have results that have more than one signal you will need to look into that problem. 

Marty

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?