how to ignore the area of the compounds used for RRT

Hello,
I want to calculate the % area of an unknown sample using Openlab CDS 2.7. I add 1-pentanol for RRT calculation and I want to exclude its area for the % area calculation. I do not know if there is any option to exclude the area for the “RRT compounds” or if I have to do a custom calculation for that.
Thank you very much for your help.
Oihana

Parents
  • Hello,

You would need to do a custom calculation to get that result. See the example below. I show 2 ways to do the total area calculation. The first is using the peak status as a time reference the other is by the compound name. 

By Is time reference 

TotalAreaAdj Scope - Signal Type-Double

CurrentSignal.AllPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_IsTimeReference  = False).Select(function(x) x.Peak_Area).Sum

OR

By compound name with the name as a separate CC to allow you to change it without editing the CC directly

CompName Scope - Sequence Type - String

"YOUR COMPOUND NAME"

CurrentSignal.AllPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_Name.ToUpper()  <> GetStringCC("CompName")).Select(function(x) x.Peak_Area).Sum

Final calculation for either method

AreaPercentAdj Scope - Peak or Group Type - Double

Peak_Area / CurrentSignal.GetDoubleCC("TotalAreaAdj") * 100

Marty

• Hello,

You would need to do a custom calculation to get that result. See the example below. I show 2 ways to do the total area calculation. The first is using the peak status as a time reference the other is by the compound name. 

By Is time reference 

CurrentSignal.AllPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_IsTimeReference  = False).Select(function(x) x.Peak_Area).Sum

OR

By compound name with the name as a separate CC to allow you to change it without editing the CC directly

CompName Scope - Sequence Type - String

"YOUR COMPOUND NAME"

CurrentSignal.AllPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_Name.ToUpper()  <> GetStringCC("CompName")).Select(function(x) x.Peak_Area).Sum

Final calculation for either method

AreaPercentAdj Scope - Peak or Group Type - Double

Peak_Area / CurrentSignal.GetDoubleCC("TotalAreaAdj") * 100

Marty

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?