CC file problem

Hello 

I am using openlab cds v 2.6

In order to calculate the percentage dissolution i need standard concentration. I have managed to get the sample amount , the dilution Factor and the correction Factor. The cc that calculates the concentration works pretty fine at injection scope but both for sample and standard.

The formula goes like this

% dissolution = (Area_Sample / Area_Std) * (Concentration_Std/Concentration_Sample) * 100

Is there a way to separate the standard concentration from sample concentration 

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • I'm going to need more information to answer your question. What do you mean by "separate"? Where are you getting both areas from? Have you defined other variables in a cc file? Your formula looks like the % recovery of the sample, is that all you want? There are already internal functions with the calibration that will get you most of the way there. I suggest looking into how to use internal calibrations to quantify concentrations of samples, then use a field to enter sample concentrations and simply divide by that and multiply by 100.

Set your standards as "Cal. Std" in sample type and fill in their level and concentration information in the Compound > Calibration section of the processing method. Then any other samples after the calibration (see bracketing mode to change this) should calculate their own concentrations based on the calibration. Then like I said, use another field to enter the expected concentration (as prepared) and simply divide that by the calculated concentration and multiply by 100. I don't recall the field name for the calculated concentration, but I remember it is either ending in "concentration" or "amount". Just do a quick calculation on the side and look at what field gives the right values.

• Hello,

I am not entirely clear on what you are doing as well. Below is an example of how I would do a % recovery from an existing standard injection in the result set. The calculation would pull the theoretical value (Compund_CalibrationAmount) from the level 2 standard for the current compound and divide that into the current peaks compound amount. This type of filtered expression can allow you to use value(s) from other injections from the sequence in the current injection.   

Marty

Scope: Peak or Group Type: Double

Compound_Amount / CurrentSequence.AllIdentifiedPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_Name = CurrentPeakOrGroup.Compound_Name).Where(function (x) x.injection.Sample.Sample_CalibrationLevel = 2).Select(function(x) x.Compound_CalibrationAmount).Average * 100

• Hello,

I am not entirely clear on what you are doing as well. Below is an example of how I would do a % recovery from an existing standard injection in the result set. The calculation would pull the theoretical value (Compund_CalibrationAmount) from the level 2 standard for the current compound and divide that into the current peaks compound amount. This type of filtered expression can allow you to use value(s) from other injections from the sequence in the current injection.   

Marty

Scope: Peak or Group Type: Double

Compound_Amount / CurrentSequence.AllIdentifiedPeaks.Where(function(x) x.Compound_Name = CurrentPeakOrGroup.Compound_Name).Where(function (x) x.injection.Sample.Sample_CalibrationLevel = 2).Select(function(x) x.Compound_CalibrationAmount).Average * 100

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?