My ChemStation program is awful; I've already reinstalled it, but it keeps getting damaged settings every time. The offline mode is doing the same thing as online, and the data analysis feature has disappeared. It's urgent.

I'm experiencing issues with the ChemStation program. It's becoming disconfigured, the toolbar is disappearing, the offline mode looks the same as the online mode, and I can't access the data analysis and its tools. Can anyone help?

• Hello,

I would first try to delete the instrument configuration setting as outlined in the article linked below. It can be difficult to help with issues like this in the community, so I would look at opening a ticket with your local Agilent support. The most common issue where a functional system configuration is suddenly not working is security or AV software. Once you get the system working again make sure to setup any suggested security and AV exclusions documented in the manuals. The exact location may depend on the version of Chemstation you have, but in the installation manual you should have a section on configuring an AV. You need to exclude certain folders from scanning to ensure that the AV program does not cause issues with the files. 

Marty

(5) OpenLab ChemStation Not Starting - Basic Troubleshooting - Articles - Chromatography Software Portal - Agilent Community

Was this helpful?