Curve coefficient didn't correspond to the average.

Hi, 

First, I want to show how I perfomed my 1 level calibration curve. 

We saw that I asked for the average when several calibration standards are used and contained the same target compound. 

We do have the TFT in each of my 4 calibration standards. 

We can see it at my section filtered for Cal std only. 

What's weird here it's the first RF calculated is good (1083376/9.8 = 110549) but all the other ones are wrong. 

If we take the 2nd one and did the same calculation (1110109/9.8= 113276) and the software gave 111912. 

I don't know where this 111912 result is coming from. 

Here my injection list that shows how I performed my calibration.

Is it because my Cal.Std are not injected one immediately after another? 

I can see on my calibration curve that I has four point but the coefficient a given in the table is coming from the first injection only and not the average like I choose on the method process. 

We can't see that the a coeffiecient on the curbe at 110549 is coming from the first injection. 

So it seems that the Curve calculation is not with the average of the four peaks.

Why ?

thank you

Parents
  • Hello,

Which injection did you use to show in the report for the calibration curve? Look at your calibration curve in data analysis and see what the A value is for that curve. Also note the way you are calibrating every sample or sample pair has a different calibration. Look at the example below where I have discreet brackets for the standards but are processing in the standard manner. You will note the A coff changes after each standard set. In older versions, before CDS 2.5 the coff would have changed after each standard injection not each bracket. In this case bracket is defined as cal std injections with no other sample types between them. If you want all your standard injections taken into account for all other injection types, you should use the overall bracket. 

Marty 

• Hi Martin, another question regarding the overall bracketing mode. It seems that the "clear calibration" option is not available in this particular mode. 

I assume the clear calibration is doing automatically? 

in the online help, I can read this: 

Have you ever observed that? 

I will check with my another injection days but I contact you just to make sure it's not a 2.6 version bug. 

• Hi Martin, We have updated our openlab CDS to 2.7 version so we can have the multiplier variable used in the process method. 

This multiplier is filled to have all my 64 compounds. But in my sequence summary injection table, some injections has no multiplier. Do you know why? 

• Hello,

I will assume you are trying to show the compound multiplier in that column. That table is setup to display one line per injection, but you have different multipliers for each compound so it cannot really display the value properly. What it is likely doing is finding the first peak in each injection and displaying the multiplier for that peak. Injections where you have no peaks, or the first peak is an unknown will not have a value for the multiplier. That is one reason I said earlier when you have the same multiplier for all your compounds it makes more sense to use a sample multiplier. Try using =Max(compound_multiplier) for the expression in the table column. It still will not work for injections that have no found peaks. You would typically display the compound multipliers in a table where you are displaying the compound results so you can see the value for each compound.  

Marty 

• I like the idea of not showing multiplier on the sequence summary table and only show this multiplier value when I used it for a specific compound. thank you again for your help. 

• I have another question for you Martin. You have shown me how to use "the save expression result as" to create a variable with a name. 

How can I reset this variable to be able to change de name? 

In this example, I want to change IPA for TFT, but my variable looks locked. 

Thank you again. 

• If you go to the report settings in the tab called "Calculation variables", you can rename variables there by selecting and clicking the rename button. Unfortunately, you cant change the scope they have, but you can at least change the name.

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?