License file install error

Hoping someone knows the answer to this.  Nearing the end of my free trial period, I tried to install the license file.  The error message I received tells me that the license file contains a server "my MAC address in quotes" that could not be found by DNS. No such host is known.  This is odd since the MAC address tool shows this exact address as mentioned in the error notice.  Opening a copy of the license file with notepad also shows the address correctly listed.  Ipconfig of my computer lists the same physical address.  PInging my local host within the software succeeds and the software is connecting to all the hplc units.  Thoughts as to what might not be set right here?

Parents
  • Jackie and Marty: Thanks to you both. The changes worked. Due to some generous donors, including Agilent, we will have a working hplc for a group of high school students doing a special projects class. I’ve worked with past students in this class over several years now on a variety of donated equipment and they express tremendous appreciation in getting the opportunity to experience hplc hands on. You two helped make this happen. Thanks again.

• That is so great to hear, Leslie! I would've loved to have that opportunity in high school, so kudos to you for facilitating it. 

When you get a chance, could you mark Marty's latest reply as the "Answer" by clicking More > Verify Answer? As always, feel free to reach out with any other questions encountered in the software - wishing you and your students all the best!

• That is so great to hear, Leslie! I would've loved to have that opportunity in high school, so kudos to you for facilitating it. 

When you get a chance, could you mark Marty's latest reply as the "Answer" by clicking More > Verify Answer? As always, feel free to reach out with any other questions encountered in the software - wishing you and your students all the best!

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?