Renew licence on Win XP PC with EZChrome Elite

Hi all,

I wanted to install a new network printer on an old Win XP PC. During this I set up a home network (even though I didn't need it for the printer installation after all). After this change to the PC I could not use the EZChrome Elite Software anymore. When I want to open the Software (Offline or Online) I get the following message: "Unable to open the instrument because there are no licences available. Please contact the system administrator." I performed a system  reset to a day before to reset the changes I made, hoping it would also reset the licence problem. But sadly after the reset the problem remains the same. 

I found the "Key" Software that seems to be managing the licences, but I can see there that all the licences are in use. Now I cannot relicence them, because when I type in the Serial Number the Software is giving me a new "Request Code" for the activation so our old "Enable Code" doesn't match anymore. The PC is not connected to the internet and as far as I understood it, even if it would be, the activation code cannot be generated anymore?!? (as I read in a similar post on this forum)

Can I deinstall the licence first in order to redistribute them afterwards, or will I have the same problem with the "Enable Code"?

I would appreciate any help in making our HPLC operable again.

Parents
  • Now I did a workaround: I took another old PC with the same software installed (or so I thought) and connected the HPLC to it. After installing the LaChrom Elite drivers I could configure the Instrument but now I am missing the system suitability licence.

Error message is: unable to open this instrument because there are no system suitability licences available please contact the system administrator"

When I deselected system suitability in the configuration of intruments window, the error changes "system suitability" to "Hitachi LC" but the rest of the text remains the same.  

• Now I did a workaround: I took another old PC with the same software installed (or so I thought) and connected the HPLC to it. After installing the LaChrom Elite drivers I could configure the Instrument but now I am missing the system suitability licence.

Error message is: unable to open this instrument because there are no system suitability licences available please contact the system administrator"

When I deselected system suitability in the configuration of intruments window, the error changes "system suitability" to "Hitachi LC" but the rest of the text remains the same.  

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?