Sample amount correction factors

Hi all,

I am trying to use the correction factors in open labs to get the concentration of the sample based on the weight used. I have tried using the concentration of the sample in the sample amount with the amount weighed in the multiplier and the dilution factor set as the amount diluted but i am geting a number that is way off. The sample amount in data analysis seems correct but the concentration is off. Hopefully someone can shed some light to the situation.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hello,

I am not sure of the exact issue, but a common problem is sample amount will not be used in the concentration calculation unless you have selected mass %. If you select mass % to use the sample amount but do not want to have the results in % you will need to use the multipliers or dilution factors to negate the *100. Also, if you need the dilution factors to be divisors that needs to be selected in the method, by default they are multipliers. 

Marty Adams

• Hello,

I am not sure of the exact issue, but a common problem is sample amount will not be used in the concentration calculation unless you have selected mass %. If you select mass % to use the sample amount but do not want to have the results in % you will need to use the multipliers or dilution factors to negate the *100. Also, if you need the dilution factors to be divisors that needs to be selected in the method, by default they are multipliers. 

Marty Adams

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?