Processing method type

Hi!

Is it possible to read the processing method type from a CC? A want to know if it is AreaPercent or Quantitative method. (If the user uses a wrong type, an msgbox will warn him/her)

Thx,

Peter

Parents Reply
  • Yes, from DAMQ you can read something, but when you want to do something with this value, the CC will be halted...  BTW i can give any messages to the user, like there is missing something from the seq or etc... 

function ()

IF 'something happens' THEN MSGBOX("some info about the error",vbCritical, "Warning!!")

end function ()

You should insert this in a hidden SEQ Type cc, thats all.

Children
  • Hello,

I am not sure this gets you exactly what you want but it does seem to work in principle. I have not really used complex vb code in CC mostly just linq statements to aggregate and filter data, I typically use VB with IR where I can create a dll and access the functions.  

Marty Adams 

function ()
    IF Injection_QuantitationMethodUsedForProcessing <> 2 THEN MSGBOX("Incorrect Method Selected " + Choose(Injection_QuantitationMethodUsedForProcessing + 1, "Undefined", "Area%", "ESTD", "ESTD%", "Height%", "ISTD", "ISTD%", "Norm%"),vbCritical, "Warning!!")
    end function ()

• Hello,

Do you have any documentation or examples on using DLL files in IR? If so, can I ask for it?

I have some experience with DLLs, but I always ended up writing all the code in CC using complex VBA, but it would be useful to be able to move away from VBA to C++ or Java maybe.

Also, do you have any experience with linking to an external database or program? I've only managed with html from a website so far.

Thanks,

Adam

• Hello,

Outside of the information in the help we do not have any documentation on custom code or custom assemblies. I know we have done some custom templates that interfaced with access and SQL lite dbs. I did not write the original code for those, so I only have a limited experience. In both cases the data accessed was fairly static so when we updated the code the db connection was removed and the information was stored in json files instead. We did this to remove the dependence on the db software.

Marty Adams 

Was this helpful?