How to enable post-run shutdown in OpenLAB CDS 2.2?

We've recently switched one of our HPLC systems from Chemstation to Openlab v2.2. I can't find the option to shut down/go to standby once all queued runs are completed, meaning the pump continues running until the low solvent trigger point is hit (which is a big waste of solvent!). I can't find any mention of it in the Help & Learning resources. I know on Chemstation the shutdown procedures were specified on the Sequence Parameters dialogue. What's the alternative for OpenLab v2.2?

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • If your doing batch injections then chauhan suggestion of adding it to the sequence is the simplest way to achieve a shutdown method. 

In our lab (20+ GCs) we do single injections and rarely do sequences.  I could have added a post run macro to the method to change it to a standby/shutdown method but then I would have to add that to every method runtime list.  Instead I added a macro to run when the instrument is loaded and will change the GC to a standby method after a certain amount of time.  I'm not sure if this is a good solution but it seams to work well in our lab. Below is the attached macro.

Hope this helps someone.

NAME STANDBYCHECK
    COUNTER = TIME()

IF _OFFLINE = 0 THEN
      WHILE 1=1        !---STAY IN LOOP FOREVER
       IF _methfile$ <> "STANDBY.M" THEN
        IF _RUNIDLEMANAGER = 1 THEN    !---_RUNSTARTED IS A CHEMSTATION VARIABLE ONLY
               !---_RUNIDLEMANAGER IS OPENLAB 
         If (TIME() - COUNTER) > 6300   !---IDLE FOR 105 MINUTES
          _METHODCHANGED = 0   !---so it wont ask to save changes
          LoadMethod _methpath$,"STANDBY.M"
          COUNTER = TIME()   !----Reset counter when standby method gets loaded
         ENDIF     
        ELSE       !----if someone is trying to use the software but not running a sample in online mode.
         COUNTER = TIME()    !----RESET TIMER
        ENDIF
       ELSE
        COUNTER = TIME()
       ENDIF

SLEEP 120 !---WAIT 120 SECONDS
      ENDWHILE
    ENDIF

ENDMACRO

CpStart STANDBYCHECKCP    !----INITIATE SEPERATE PROCESS
    CpRequest STANDBYCHECKCP, "STANDBYCHECK" !----RUN MACRO IN SEPERATE PROCESS

• Dear hebgent,

I'm really naive in software deep controlling, but I think this is the perfect solution for the problem we have in our lab and it would be very nice to try it.

If I understood it well, you never run sequences so you add single samples to the def_LC.S sequence. Does this mean that you added this macro to this default sequence to be able to put the system in stand by?

Can you please explain it to me in more detail?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Dear hebgent,

I'm really naive in software deep controlling, but I think this is the perfect solution for the problem we have in our lab and it would be very nice to try it.

If I understood it well, you never run sequences so you add single samples to the def_LC.S sequence. Does this mean that you added this macro to this default sequence to be able to put the system in stand by?

Can you please explain it to me in more detail?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Children
Was this helpful?