Compare Open Lab 2.1 / 2.2 / 2.3

Hello,

We are planning to move our Open Lab 2.1 to 2.3

Im not sure if there is a documentation which compare 2.1 to 2.3.

So I need the Step from 2.1 to 2.2 too.

So I would be happy to have them both.

Important question.

Can we migrate the data, we already created ?

Can we use the same Reports ( rdl files ) ?

Can the service technician just upgrade it, or do he need to reinstall everything.

Is it a clean installation ( wipe everything ) ?

Regards

Parents
  • Hello Ryoboyle,

1) thank you very much. this is a very helpful Option.

2) Ok I will write them an Email.

3) With blank subtraction I meant, than every signal from the blank injection is subtracted from the fallowing injections. So the upcoming injections don't even show the injection Peak. So the result will be just a straight line from beginning to the end. Just the peak from the substance we determine.

4) This is sad. We want to import/export our sequences. But soon we have a training with a person from Agilent. It will take place in our location.And hopefully we find a solution for this problem. Hopefully the guy from the IT Department take over on this. I am definitely not the right person for this. But I told him I support him.

Actually we want to upgrade our Open Labs from Version 2.1 to 2.3. But if there is no acceptable import/export function, then maybe the best choice is Open Labs Chemstation Edition. I need to discuss this when we have Agilent in our house.

I am sorry that  have so many questions concerning nearly everything.

My duty is to transfer the methods from an old Chemstation to a new Open Labs. I never worked with a GC before. Only HPLC/ICP -OES/MS.

The major Problem is that everyone in the QC is so busy, to help me when I have a question.

PS: But I want to thank you very much with everything you helped me already.

• Hello Ryoboyle,

1) thank you very much. this is a very helpful Option.

2) Ok I will write them an Email.

3) With blank subtraction I meant, than every signal from the blank injection is subtracted from the fallowing injections. So the upcoming injections don't even show the injection Peak. So the result will be just a straight line from beginning to the end. Just the peak from the substance we determine.

4) This is sad. We want to import/export our sequences. But soon we have a training with a person from Agilent. It will take place in our location.And hopefully we find a solution for this problem. Hopefully the guy from the IT Department take over on this. I am definitely not the right person for this. But I told him I support him.

Actually we want to upgrade our Open Labs from Version 2.1 to 2.3. But if there is no acceptable import/export function, then maybe the best choice is Open Labs Chemstation Edition. I need to discuss this when we have Agilent in our house.

I am sorry that  have so many questions concerning nearly everything.

My duty is to transfer the methods from an old Chemstation to a new Open Labs. I never worked with a GC before. Only HPLC/ICP -OES/MS.

The major Problem is that everyone in the QC is so busy, to help me when I have a question.

PS: But I want to thank you very much with everything you helped me already.

Children
Was this helpful?