Reporting Multiple Resolutions

Hello,

I am trying to create a table in a report for system suitability in which it reads a true/false if all specs are met, however for the resolution column, each peak within the injection has a different resolution spec.  Is there any way I can do this easily in one column? Below is a screen shot of an example of the data:

I would like to set it up so that if the resolution of n-tridecane is above 15.995 it will read true, and so on for multiple peaks after that.  Not sure how to do this since  each peak in table is different.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hello! What software and revision are you using? Help > About  (or question mark icon > About) should tell you both.

• Hello,

Since each compound in your processing method would require a different resolution pass/fail threshold, I do not believe you would be able to set this up solely from the column properties on your intelligent report. I approached this by storing these threshold values in a Constants file that is called by a custom calculation linked to the processing method. 

Below is a section of the online help that outlines how to create a Constants file:

As a test I created a tab delimited Constants file for a processing method I use for testing formatted as below, making sure the compound names match exactly with those in my method (also below):

This Constants .txt file should be saved in the method folder for your project. In the Custom Calculation Editor, you can then create a new CC file referencing this Constants file with a formula calling the values in the appropriate column of the Constants file. Below are screenshots of how I set this up in my test:

After saving the .ccf custom calculation file, you then need to link this file in your processing method like below:

After reprocessing your result set, you should then see your ResThreshold constants populate in your Injection results in a new column like below (by default the new column will be the right-most column in the table):

You can then call these values on your report. Below I have setup a Pass/Fail expression where if the USP Peak Resolution for a peak is greater than the threshold defined in the Constants file it will output "Pass", and if USP Peak Resolution for a peak is less than the threshold it will output "Fail":

Below is from my results table on my report showing the Pass/Fail flag in action:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

• Hello,

Are you able to populate the column on your report with just the ResThreshold values as opposed to the IIf expression, or does that give you an error too?

And when you are calling the Custom Calculation Results, are you just typing in the expression manually or are you selecting the Custom Calculation Results field under compound and then selecting the appropriate Compound level identifier (ResThreshold in your case)? I would recommend you try the latter if you are not doing so already.

• After you linked the .ccf file to your processing method and then reprocessed your result set, did you save the results in Data Processing before going to Reporting?

• Hello ryoboyl,

Thanks for all your help! I just am stuck in the pulling into the report step(the last one).

This is my CC page,

And it pulls into my injection report perfectly,

then I put in the calculation for the pass/fail value as follows,

And when I save it, I receive a #error message in each box instead of true/false.  I went back and double checked everything and I can't seem to find what I did wrong? Can you see what I am missing?

Thanks!

Mychaela

• I was manually entering it, but even when selected, it does not work. Also the ResThreshold itself will not pull into the report correctly. It either errors out the entire report itself or pulls every value as 0.

Reply Children
Was this helpful?