How do I automate temperature control on Cary 60? (ADL code)

Does anyone have ADL code that they could share please (or pointers as to how) to control a Cary 60 to do an automated temperature ramp using the Peltier accessory? I'd like to do stepwise increases in temperature between a start and stop temperature with a hold (equilibration) time between steps, or a linear ramp if this isn't possible. This is the kind of experiment people use for DNA melting.

The Cary 60 doesn't come with the thermal application that the more expensive models do, but can do all the steps necessary - change the temperature, read the current block temperature, include a wait time - so I see no reason why this shouldn't be possible using ADL with the Cary 60.

Thanks in advance for your help

Parents
  • Hi Bob - the standard peltier accessory on the Cary 60 does not support temperature ramping,  The only way to do ramping on the Cary 60 is through the use of a special peltier cell holder that comes from a company in USA called Quantum North West (www.qnw.com).  Their t2 model peltier can be controlled via ADL and a program has been written for that.

For people wanting to do temperature ramps we highly recommend the Cary 3500 UV-Vis as this is what it was specifically designed for.  The temperature control capability of this system is incredible.  

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.  

Best wishes

Rob

• Hi Bob - the standard peltier accessory on the Cary 60 does not support temperature ramping,  The only way to do ramping on the Cary 60 is through the use of a special peltier cell holder that comes from a company in USA called Quantum North West (www.qnw.com).  Their t2 model peltier can be controlled via ADL and a program has been written for that.

For people wanting to do temperature ramps we highly recommend the Cary 3500 UV-Vis as this is what it was specifically designed for.  The temperature control capability of this system is incredible.  

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.  

Best wishes

Rob

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?