There are many challenges in the fast-developing field of microplastic analysis. In this webinar, we will hear from two speakers addressing quite different challenges, but nonetheless, challenges faced by many. The first speaker, Dr Gbotemi Adediran from the UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, will explore the opportunities and challenges in analyzing sub-micron-sized (< 5µm) microplastics analysis by LDIR. In the second presentation, Dr Julia Jaeger from Eurofins Environmental Testing—Australia & New Zealand will explore advancements and challenges related to the application of LDIR for routine microplastic analysis.
This event is part of a wider LDIR webinar series (these events are available on-demand):
- Best Practice for On-Filter Analysis of Microplastics Using the Agilent 8700 Laser Direct Infrared (LDIR) Chemical Imaging System
- Standardized ISO Methodologies for the Assessment of Microplastics
Further LDIR resources:
- LDIR user group: Join our members-only group for discussions and resources on sample prep, software, methods, libraries and microplastics.
- eBook: Achieving Accurate Microplastics Characterization
- Application note: Accurate Microplastic Characterization in Infant Formula Using the Agilent 8700 LDIR
- Application note: Best Practice for On-Filter Analysis of Microplastics Using Agilent 8700 Laser Direct Infrared Chemical Imaging System