LCMS SQD Low Response

Hello everyone...

My name is Riddham Patel and I am from India. I am using Agilent Single Quad MSD G6125C and frequently after preventive maintenance of the instrument, I face some issue, which I would like to put forward in community. After service engineer performs PM and tuning of the instrument every six months, initially the instrument performs as per the expectation, after a month, however, the instrument stops giving the response. To resolve this frequently occurring issues, I just retune the instrument every time and instrument runs properly until next PM. I am facing this issue since last couple of PMs. Last time, however, while tuning the instrument for resolving this same issue, I observed remarkable increase in the voltages of the detector (HV), which means that our detector's life is soon going to be end and we have to purchase one of the most expensive spare-parts of the instrument.

My question is, "Why does instrument encounter such kind of reoccurring issue of losing the response each time after tuning?"

I remain in the anticipation from your kind response.

Regards,

Was this helpful?