Noisy Baseline, HiVac pressure showing 0.

Has anyone had any issues with the Agilent 5975 MS showing HiVac 0.00e+00 when doing an autotune?  My baseline has been noisy so when I did an autotune, the baseline got worse and I noticed pressure for the HiVac was showing 0. 

Parents
  • The autotune looks good.  The number of peaks in the spectrum is a little bit high (typically less than 150) but that's the only glaring problem I see.  The HiVac reading 0.00 may be because the gauge itself has failed.  Does it say this value all the time?  On the 5975 display, it may switch between 9.99e-09 and 1.00e00 or something similar.  Also look at the gauge itself at the back of the MSD if possible.  The ready light will be red instead of green.

• The autotune looks good.  The number of peaks in the spectrum is a little bit high (typically less than 150) but that's the only glaring problem I see.  The HiVac reading 0.00 may be because the gauge itself has failed.  Does it say this value all the time?  On the 5975 display, it may switch between 9.99e-09 and 1.00e00 or something similar.  Also look at the gauge itself at the back of the MSD if possible.  The ready light will be red instead of green.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?