Project Folder Path error when trying to open an acquisition method only for new users

Hi All,

I am currently running OpenLab CDS v2.5 (ECM) and every new user I add to the system keeps getting a Project Folder Path error when they try to open an acquisition method, stating to check the path and try again. These users can log into the control panel and launch a project, but in Acquisition is where the issue is. I have been in communication with our Agilent Tech who worked with us to install and setup the system and everything we checked, we could not find any issues. Others users have no issues at all. Has anyone else experienced this error?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Parents
  • Hello,

If you have ECM 3.x on the backend, were the users given roles in ECM? When using ECM 3.x with CDS the users must have permissions setup in both OLSS(control panel) and the ECM client. If this is ECM XT not ECM 3.x then it is possible you have an issue with the user sync. In the control panel you should try and sync the content manager, if you get any errors then this is the likely reason new users are not getting permissions in the content manager. If this is the case, you will need to open a ticket with Agilent lab informatics. 

Marty Adams

• Hi Marty,

Thanks so much for your comment. I checked in the CP for Content Manager and we did not have it listed on the left like you show here, however in diagnostics, I see there is a content manager module installed. I also went into the ECM though and did find that those users we had setup in the system were not listed in the ECM. I don't recall having to add users in the ECM before and have only added them in the CP and everything worked for those users. I did notice that in the CP Local Configuration, our ECM is listed as 3.4(3.4.2) and in the ECM it is listed as 3.6.4 and I'm curious if this may be affecting synchronization? Atleast now I have all users corrected in the system and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again, 

Mark 

• Hi Marty,

Thanks so much for your comment. I checked in the CP for Content Manager and we did not have it listed on the left like you show here, however in diagnostics, I see there is a content manager module installed. I also went into the ECM though and did find that those users we had setup in the system were not listed in the ECM. I don't recall having to add users in the ECM before and have only added them in the CP and everything worked for those users. I did notice that in the CP Local Configuration, our ECM is listed as 3.4(3.4.2) and in the ECM it is listed as 3.6.4 and I'm curious if this may be affecting synchronization? Atleast now I have all users corrected in the system and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again, 

Mark 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?