ICPOES 5800 wavelength calibration solution orgaic

Hello Agilent Community,

we would like to measure some organic samples (fuels). We neeed the wavelength calibration solution for the organic samples. But on your Internet I did not find for organic. Could you tell me, which one should I order? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sophia

Parents
  • Hello Sophia,

Wavelength calibration for organic samples can be completed using a multi-element standard that has these elements present at a minimum concentration of 5 mg/kg in a suitable solvent (such as Agilent A-solv solvent or kerosene):
    Al, Ba, Ca, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mg, Mn, Mo, Ni, P, Pb, Sn, Ti, Zn.

The most common way to prepare this is to use one of the Agilent A21 Wear metal standards (with or without K) such as those shown below:
    5190-8603 A21 wear metal standard, Ag, Al, B, Ba, Ca, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Ni, P, Pb, Si, Sn, Ti, V, Zn 100 µg/g, in 75 cSt hydrocarbon oil, 100 g
    5190-8604 A21 wear metal standard, Ag, Al, B, Ba, Ca, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Ni, P, Pb, Si, Sn, Ti, V, Zn 300 µg/g, 100 g
    5190-8605 A21 wear metal standard, Ag, Al, B, Ba, Ca, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Ni, P, Pb, Si, Sn, Ti, V, Zn 500 µg/g, 100 g
    5190-8706 A21 wear metal standard, Ag, Al, B, Ba, Ca, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Ni, P, Pb, Si, Sn, Ti, V, Zn 900 µg/g, 100 g

Hope that helps you,
    Cheers Eric

• Hi Eric,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I saw there are wavelength calibration solution for aqueous samples and the aqueous multi-element standard as well. Does it mean for aqueous samples, I can also use the multi-element standard for the calibration?

There are 21 elements in the multi-element standard solution, 14 in the wavelength solution? Could you please explain more about it? Thank you very much.

Best regards

Sophia

• Hi Eric,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I saw there are wavelength calibration solution for aqueous samples and the aqueous multi-element standard as well. Does it mean for aqueous samples, I can also use the multi-element standard for the calibration?

There are 21 elements in the multi-element standard solution, 14 in the wavelength solution? Could you please explain more about it? Thank you very much.

Best regards

Sophia

Children
  • Hello Sophia,

While we do offer a specific wavelength calibration standard, it is also possible to use other multi-element standards to complete the wavelength calibration - but you need to ensure:
    a) That multi-element standard has the key elements present at the right concentration (e.g. make sure K is there at 50ppm)
    b) That the other components in the multi-element standard do not cause any interferences on the emission wavelengths used for the wavelength calibration (you would need to check this from the method editor in the software)

Using the specific wavelength calibration standard overcomes those potential risks.

It is also possible to use the wavelength calibration standard (or the concentrate) to prepare the standards you need to calibrate your instrument for daily analysis.

Hope that helps you,
    Cheers Eric

Was this helpful?