Is Hypersil AA-ODS 79916AA-572 column actually an (AC) column?

Hi, everyone!

Is Hypersil AA-ODS 79916AA-572 column actually an (AC) column?

I can see on a web site it is:

If it is I should use in-column-hardware-fit guard cartridges 7992618-504 Hypersil ODS, 5 µm, 4 x 4 mm cartridge (AC), 10/pk (use with hardware kit 5021-1845).

The question arised as I can see elsewhere a totally different information, it is standalone column and a standalone Thermo-style guard holder (Female-Female, connecting capillary required) with cartridges:

And it looks like a standalone column on ebay:

AGILENT Hypersil AA-ODS 200 x 2.1mm 5µm Particles HPLC Column 79916AA-572 | eBay

Parents
  • Full disclosure, I am an Agilent sales person, but am posting this as a member of the community, not an official Agilent expert.  It is my experience I would trust a company website over ebay.  From what I can tell, Hypersil is not an Agilent particle, ie we don't manufacture it, we sell it as a service to our customers who still use them or need them, for example in a validated method.  If you are required to use this column, I would suggest buying the column using the part numbers on the Agilent website (column and hardware kit).  If we did make a mistake in the description, you can always return the hardware.  Another option would be to talk to our application support team in your country (I work out of the Midwest in the U.S. so my application support email is LC-column-support@agilent.com)  and ask them for other options on more modern particles, for example solid core poroshell HPH, which is designed to run at the high pHs that are commonly used in some AA analyses.  We have also recently introduced a new AdvancedBio Amino Acid column, you can find information about that here: https://www.agilent.com/en/products/liquid-chromatography/lc-columns/biomolecule-separations/advancebio-amino-acid-analysis-(aaa) .

• Thank you for your answer, I would never use legacy Aminoquant method Hypersil AA-ODS myself and never suggest it to any person living in 2019. It is a kludge method.

The deal is it is not for me and I'm not allowed to change their workflow. It's not just a hardware, it is also about guards. I should fit in an existing workflow.

It is cheaper not to return anything from the country I'm living, it is close to impossible.

• Thank you for your answer, I would never use legacy Aminoquant method Hypersil AA-ODS myself and never suggest it to any person living in 2019. It is a kludge method.

The deal is it is not for me and I'm not allowed to change their workflow. It's not just a hardware, it is also about guards. I should fit in an existing workflow.

It is cheaper not to return anything from the country I'm living, it is close to impossible.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?