This Information Applies To: Agilent MassHunter Qualitative Analysis Software version 10.0
The Agilent MassHunter Qualitative software can generate qualitative analysis reports, which may include sample chromatogram information and sample spectrum information, library search details, system suitability parameters, etc. The following steps demonstrate how to generate a custom report in the Navigator view.
Steps to follow
1. The procedure starts with loading the required data, selecting the method, and identifying compounds using a spectral library. See Identifying Compounds Using a Spectral Library in Agilent MassHunter Qualitative Analysis.
2. In the Data Navigator view, select one or more spectra to include in the report. In this example, the Dodecane spectrum is selected (see Figure 1).
3. Before generating the report, select the report options and set up parameters in the Method Editor view by clicking Method Automation > Reports. The reports section has four tabs.
Destination – select the desired report output option (print or save as file) when the method workflow is run (see Figure 2).
Templates – Select whether to use PDF Report Builder (default) or Microsoft Excel and select the template in the Custom drop-down list to use different reports (see Figure 3).
In the Custom drop-down list, there are three custom templates available.
- Analysis Report - This is the default report.
- Custom Workflow
- System Suitability Report - On the integration tab, enable the system suitability calculations to get the required system suitability parameters in the report.
Layout – Select the page size to use. Figure 4 is the layout setting when using PDF Report Builder in the Templates tab.
Contents – Select the sections of the reports to include. This section only affects reports when you select Use Microsoft Excel on the Templates tab (see Figure 5).
4. To print the report, click File > Print > Custom Report.
In the Print Workflow Report dialog box, in the List of opened data files, select the data files to include in the report. (see Figure 6)
In the Report contents section, choose if all, or only the highlighted results will be printed. The default selection is Only highlighted results.
In the Print report section, select the printer options and Page size
To save the report as a file, select Save report, then select the report format and the directory to save it. By default, it is saved in the Reports folder inside the data file. Choose if the report will be overwritten, or a new file name will be created if report file already exists. By default, a new report name is generated.
|Learn how to effectively operate the Agilent MassHunter Software
Agilent 5977 GC/MSD with MassHunter Workstation
Agilent 7000 or 7010 Triple Quadrupole GC/MS with MassHunter Workstation e-learning paths available from Agilent education