GC Agilent 7890B-TCD -PDHID-FID

I have proposed system from agilent 7890B to check high purity gases  . system consists of TCD , PDHID and FID . me question is do you think that system is complicated and i have risk that if any fault happened the whole system will be down . How to guard PDHID from dirty gases how to take care of that detector.

Please see attached DRAWING

Parents
  • Hello,

Unfortunately Agilent can't have a third detector when a PDHID is present, so it is not a valid configuration.

For the PDHID, UHP helium is required, and additional a main getter and mini getters are used for additional helium clean up.  Getters remove all impurities with the exception of argon.

Typically with complex system like this we would use a channel partner.

Kelly

• Thanks kelly

Why PDHID is not valid with third detector in 7890B and what is the suitable second detector with Pdhid?

What do you mean by partner channel?

As I know from Agilent agent that this system configurated with three detector each detector in separate channel even I can change carrier gas of one channel with same carrier of other channels I.e. Tcd with argon and PDHID and FID with helium .

Please confirm that if system has separate channel it will be valid

• Thanks kelly

Why PDHID is not valid with third detector in 7890B and what is the suitable second detector with Pdhid?

What do you mean by partner channel?

As I know from Agilent agent that this system configurated with three detector each detector in separate channel even I can change carrier gas of one channel with same carrier of other channels I.e. Tcd with argon and PDHID and FID with helium .

Please confirm that if system has separate channel it will be valid

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?