Sensor input data for Thermocouple Gauge Tubes 531

Guys, I didn't find the sensor input data in the agilent gauge 531 data sheet (there is only output)
and the only information that exists is 165ma with 15ons, the question is:
- What is the power supply voltage for input?
- What is the supply current for input?

Parents
  • Hello Dahulett!

Thank you very much for sharing the document.

But I need to know what the sensor's power supply is in Volts? 3V, 5V, 9V, 12V, 24V?
    On the input pins. Do you have this information?
  • It's a low DC voltage 24v that can supply 165ma. This gauge is not designed to run without a rough gauge controller.

• Perfect and thanks again.

I'm building a rough controller.

Just confirming, the power pins are pins 1 and 3 (FIL), are these the correct input pins? Do I apply a low DC Voltage of 24V with 165ma?
  • The power is supplied to the 2 filaments pins 1 and 3 and the output is from pins 5 and 7. It's not a simple controller to build, good luck.  

• Hello Dahulett.

please, in some tests we observed unusual behavior.

The sensor output was 120mv, applying DC 24V with 165ma. very far from the maximum expected 11mv.

Have you seen this? Can you tell me why there could be this huge difference?

Another question.
    To make sure we are doing it correctly, how can we correctly identify pins 1 and 3?
  • Hello Segoa,

I did some more investigation into the Agilent TC gauge controllers. The RGC controllers use a 5Vdc power supply. Both the RGC and The XGS600 TC (Convection) board use IC's and electrical components to control and read the TC gauge. These are not simple controllers with just an output and feedback to/from the gauge.  I would recommend using the Agilent low cost RGC controller. I cannot provide these schematics to your because they are proprietary.

Here is the pin-out of the TC Gauge. Pin 1 is closest to the alignment stem on the shaft.

• Hello Segoa,

I did some more investigation into the Agilent TC gauge controllers. The RGC controllers use a 5Vdc power supply. Both the RGC and The XGS600 TC (Convection) board use IC's and electrical components to control and read the TC gauge. These are not simple controllers with just an output and feedback to/from the gauge.  I would recommend using the Agilent low cost RGC controller. I cannot provide these schematics to your because they are proprietary.

Here is the pin-out of the TC Gauge. Pin 1 is closest to the alignment stem on the shaft.

Children
Was this helpful?