Good day, I am asking you for help with a problem with a high vacuum detector brand IMG-100.

Good day,

I am asking you for help with a problem with a high vacuum detector brand IMG-100. Recently, the detector began to show significantly lower values than usual. I suspect that the reason is the contamination of the cathodes with soot or oxides.

I would be very grateful if you can provide me with detailed instructions or recommendations for cleaning the detector in order to return it to normal operation. I would also be very grateful if you have any recommendations for improving the process of caring for the IMG-100 in the future.

Sincerely,

ZHENIS KULAN

• You can try cleaning and reassembling the gauge with this procedure.

If that doesn’t work the gauge needs to be replaced.

• Good day,
    Thanks for the previous replies!
    I have more questions regarding the anode,
    signal hole and pole piece.
    1) as you can see from photos 1 and 2, is carbon deposits (or spraying) on the inner surface normal?
    2) minor damage is also visible (shown in the photo - 1). Is this damage caused by wear or is it supposed to be like this?
    3) how to remove the anode? As you can see from the photo - 1 lower part of the anode looks like a half moon. How is the anode fixed?

1- photo                                                                                                           2- photo

•  Cleaning will not help this gauge because it is too dirty and damaged. It must be replaced.

• ОК!
    still would like to know)
    how to remove the anode? is it threaded?

Was this helpful?