Calculate sample concentration after spiking

Hello, 

I'm new to OpenLab 2.6 and I have a question about calculation of the concentration of spiked samples. 

The calibration is done with ESTD and the sample is measured and calculated with ESTD in a first step. In a second step the sample is spiked with an defined amount of reference standard to control wether the peak is the searched component or not.

In order to calculate the right amount of the searched component in the sample the defined amount of the reference standard has to be substracted. 

I don't want to use an excel-sheet for calculation anymore. 

Is it possible to store the defined amount of the reference standard in the data processing, so that I can link it in a custom calculation to the calculation ot the searched sample amount? 

Thank you very much in advance, 

best regards

Sarah Narloch

• Hello,

If the standards and samples are in the same result set, then you can reference the standard injection in the CC for the subtraction. If that is not the case or if the standard amount was not the same as a standard level, then you would need to use a compound custom field to enter the reference amount for the compounds in the sample. See the example CC below where I pull the calibration level 2 calibration amount. 

Marty

Scope - Peak or Group Type - Double

CurrentSequence.AllPeaksAndGroups.Where(function (x) x.Injection.Sample.Sample_Type = 1).Where(function (x) x.Injection.Sample.Sample_CalibrationLevel = 2).Where(function (x) x.Compound_Name = CurrentPeakOrGroup.Compound_Name).Select(function(x) x.Compound_CalibrationAmount).First

• Hello Marty, 

thanks for your reply. I tested your hint. It worked and I'm confident to code the formula in the CC.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend, 

Sarah 

Was this helpful?