Recurring lost connection to instrument controller - OpenLab 2.6 and Agilent 1260 Infinity II

Hi everyone,

We've had recurring lost connection problems during our runs.

It started happening in Nov2023, we would have multiple connection losses at random times. After checking cables, internet connection, Agilent technician came over and reinstalled the software after the PC was wiped. 

We hadn't had any connection losses until this week, and now it has been happening every day, again, at random times.

The error is the following:

"The session connection to the instrument controller "x" for instrument "y" has been lost.

In Event Viewer, it shows that AcquisitionServer.exe crashed:

Faulting application name: AcquisitionServer.exe, version: 2.6.7.124, time stamp: 0x627e7287

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3803, time stamp: 0x4f196cbf

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0013f932

Faulting process id: 0x2eb4

Faulting application start time: 0x01da7a51807f0da6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Agilent Technologies\OpenLab Acquisition\AcquisitionServer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: b296d545-fd0c-49cc-b1d4-7941d62a8904

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here?

Thank you!

• Hello,

Is the system connected to your network? If so, can you isolate it from the network for testing to see if the problem persists. We have seen some issues with network security scans and other similar software. Did you setup all the suggested AV exclusions outlined in the documentation after the software was installed?

Marty

• Hello Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

That's what we've been suspecting as well. Just not sure why it started so late after the reinstall. Would it be possible to verify it through any of the logs?
    I'll have to check with our IT for the AV exclusions, if we had anything from the log as evidence for them to accept the exclusions, that would be great.
    I'll see if we can isolate it from the network and do a test today.
    Thanks again.

• Hello,

Typically, it is difficult to determine the issues with AV and security software within the logs. You could look into the acquisition server logs around the time the crash happened. I would also look at the windows event logs for other activity system and program activity around the same time. If you need more help, I would open a support ticket with your local Agilent support if you are a workstation customer. They could take a look at the logs in more detail than we can in the community forums.

Marty

Was this helpful?