Query in sample concentration calculation

Hello,

I am new to Agilent software and HPLC. I am trying to set a method up where I need sample concentration=Area/RF.

But I am getting concentration=Area*RF values. I am doing ESTD% in quantitation setting. I have tried other options as well but none of them are doing what I need.

Is there a way to do concentration=Area/RF without custom calculation on report?

Also, I am using ESTD calibration curve to quantitate my compounds. How can I determine the recovery/accuracy of the compounds in calibration?

Regards,

nuna0102

Parents Reply
  • Hello,

For ESTD and ESTD% Chemstation uses the following formulas to calculate compound amounts:

It is not possible to change how these calculations are performed. You would have to perform the concentration calculation you mentioned in the report template. For example in a table column:

Alternatively, you could perform a manual calibration where you would be able to enter the RF. In this case, you would enter the reciprocal value of the RF which should provide the results you're looking for.

For recovery or accuracy calculations, it would depend on how you are calculating these values. In general, these types of calculations can also be included in the report template.

Regards,

Cedric

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?