Entering Custom Text for Cells in a Table

Hello,

I'm trying to enter in custom integers/floats into a column for a table grouped by Compound Name using Agilent OpenLab Intelligent Reporting A.01.12.165. For example, it would look something like this where custom text is inputted by the user.

Sample ID Compound Amount Custom Text
## ## 1
## ## 2
## ## 3
## ## 4

I tried using the report parameters for the custom values, but I kept getting an error when I was trying to iterate through the array. It doesn't seem possible to have the index be calculated on the fly as whenever I tried something like MyPara(CInt(Injection_OrderNo)) it would error out. I assume the index number is an integer. 

Is there an alternative way of adding a column where the user can input the values per row?

Thanks,

John

Parents
  • Hello,

Are you using IR in CDS 2.x or Chemstation? There is not a good solution for entering values at the report level per compound in IR. We would typically suggest entering this type of information in the results during data processing using compound custom fields. The configuration of compound custom fields is done in the project in CDS 2.x and the method in Chemstation. The advantage of using a custom field is the entries are stored with the results. If you use report parameters or some other custom method at the report level the results would need to be reentered to recreate the report. This data can be text, numeric or date time. The data is store per compound per injection. See a quick example below for CDS 2.x. 

Marty

• Hey Martin,

I am using IR in ChemStation. I tried the Projects way before, but when I created a test project I could only see the Properties window.

Could you show me how to use the method in ChemStation for custom text? 

Thanks,

John

• John,

If you have Chemstation ignore my example for the most part as that was for CDS. Chemstation does not use projects at all those are only for CDS 2.x and EZChrom. In Chemstation the custom fields are setup in the method and unfortunately cannot be added to the results after the acquisition. Also, you have to use a different IR fields to report the data.

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?