Can I detect hidden or co-eluting peaks (using GC-MS) using OpenLab CDS only without addition DRS software?

We have problems detecting hidden and/or co-eluting peaks using GC-MS with OpenLab CDS software only., Do we need addition software such as DRS? How can we solve the problems without any addition software?

Parents
  • Hello,

You might want to take a look at MS Peak Purity in CDS. It is not a fully featured deconvolution solution, but it does allow a determination of purity based on a predetermined process. If you have the NIST libraries as part of your installation, you also have the AMDIS software available as well. 

MS peak purity

With MS peak purity you check a single peak for contaminations. Spectral deconvolution is used to determine other coeluting spectral signals. These coeluting compounds are then used to estimate the peak purity.

• Hello,

You might want to take a look at MS Peak Purity in CDS. It is not a fully featured deconvolution solution, but it does allow a determination of purity based on a predetermined process. If you have the NIST libraries as part of your installation, you also have the AMDIS software available as well. 

MS peak purity

With MS peak purity you check a single peak for contaminations. Spectral deconvolution is used to determine other coeluting spectral signals. These coeluting compounds are then used to estimate the peak purity.

Children
  • Thanks Martin and  ColeFunk for your comments,

Yes we have tried as the suggestion of ColeFunk, but sometimes it does not work OK. I knew from Agilent that we should install DRS, but it means additional cost. That is why we prefer to use AMDIS, my question is: if we can separate the hidden or co-eluting peaks using AMDIS, can we transfer the data for quantitative analysis using OpenLab CDS software? Thanks a lot again for your comments.

Was this helpful?