Calibration with Openlab CDS using Amount and Calibration

I want to calibrate the MSD by using the information related to our 17034 solution standard and I wonder how I can add the concentration in the process method that will be able to take my dilution into account and how many I put into the headspace vial. 

We have certified concentration in ug/mL (ppm). 

Since we use Headspace, we want to calibrate based on the amount of analyte added to the vials. 

Can I used the concentration and dilution factor to automatically calculated the amount in ug used for the calibration curve. 

Here an example to put this more in context: 

I have a commercial solution of ethanol at 5012 ppm (ug/mL)

I prepared my working solution by diuting 5 time the solution at 5012 (dilution factor). 

I also take 20 uL of this working solution to put into headspace vial for analysis (can be considered as multiplier here). 

So in fact, we add 5012ug/mL /5 mL * 0.02 mL = 20 ug of ethanol in the vial. 

The concentration may be susceptible to change since we will order different batches of 17034 standard solution. So we will need to enter the concentration of the commercial solution each time we process a batch. 

The dilution factor and the 20 uL added to the vial will be constant.  

How can I used program the software so it can use the 20 ug of ethanol calculated with the concentration of the commercial solution, the dilution factor and also the multiplier.

Thank you for your help. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?