Reporting ASTM noise in Intelligent reports - OpenLab Chemstation Edition C.01.11

Hi community,

I answered a question on the forum this week about reporting noise from signals in Chemstation, using classic reporting: https://community.agilent.com/technical/lcms/f/forum/7180/noise-from-eic-in-chemstation-report.

Of course, being a fan of intelligent reporting, I tried to create a single injection report to show the same sort of thing and it didn't go to plan!

• There appears to be a field Peak_Noise that should show the ASTM noise value for a given peak; this shows nothing in my report.  According to OpenLab Help and Learning, this field should be available for OpenLab Chemstation.

• There's a report item to show Noise ranges, and that does show values for all of the ways to calculate noise, but does not allow me to filter to show the noise for just a single signal.

Am I missing something here?  What am I doing wrong?

/Andy

Parents
  • Andy,

Are you using Chemstation in your testing? Filtering does not work on that special noise periods object in either CS or CDS IR. Depending on the version, I think in Chemstation you will only get per peak noise results if you are using the auto noise calculation by EP when marking a blank injection. You may see some issues with this in extracted channel if the noise cannot be calculated in the smaller window. You can see the same data processed with a blank and without.

Marty Adams

Data with blank injection in sequence 

Without Blank injection selected in sequence

• Hi Marty

Yes, this is Chemstation.

I've repeated the processing with a blank in the sequence and now can see what you see.  I see Peak_Noise for the DAD and TIC but not for the EIC.  Since the method I want to use is multiple SIM ions in the same signal, I really need the noise from the EIC.

I think that I may have to go with the noise periods object and display all of the signals, even if I only need one or two of them.

Thanks for your help!

/Andy

• Andy,

I will check with the product group, but I think this is an issue with the EIC signals having 0 values in the signal. This breaks the math for the noise calculation across the smaller ranges when using the blanks. Once I have confirmation, I will update the post. 

Marty Adams

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?