How to combine multiple calibration curves into a single processing method in Openlab CDS?

I am seeking tips on how to create combine multiple calibration curves into a single processing method in Openlab CDS. Specifically, if I already have a multi-compound method, how do I add additional calibration curves to the master method? I created a processing method that contains all of the compounds of interest, but I ran the calibrations in different sequences.  How do I get all calibration curves into the one master method? 

Parents
  • Hi  

You could combine the result sets containing each calibration curve into a single result set and reprocess with your multi-analyte processing method.

In OpenLab CDS, open all of the result sets, right click on each of the result set names and Add to new result set; a + will appear to the right of each injection.  There's a button on the processing tab of the ribbon that can create a new result set from all of the selected injections.  You may need to have a look at the Sample type of each of the injections in the new result set with all of the injections.  Reprocess, update master method and you will have a multi-component calibrated method!

/Andy

• Hi Andy - thanks for your reply!  I actually tried the opposite in that I ran 5 consecutive single compound calibrations in the one sequence.  The issue is that each compound shared levels 1 through 5 and often additional points would appear in a given curve from injections of other compounds when small peaks or baseline artefacts were counted as compound of interest.  I can manually deselect these undesired points in the calibration list, but it is a pain!  In contrast I did not have this issue when I used a multi-compound calibration, as each level was only used once in a sequence.

• Hello,

If you need to run standards in multiple mixes the easiest way to deal with that is to use sperate levels for the different mixes. For instance, if I had 3 standard mixes each with 3 levels, I would create a calibration table with 9 levels. In this case standard mix 1 would be levels 1-3, mix 2 4-6, and mix 3 7-9. The levels where the compounds are not expected just leave the values blanks. If you recalibrated the method, make sure to only use clear at level do not clear all. 

Marty

• Hello,

If you need to run standards in multiple mixes the easiest way to deal with that is to use sperate levels for the different mixes. For instance, if I had 3 standard mixes each with 3 levels, I would create a calibration table with 9 levels. In this case standard mix 1 would be levels 1-3, mix 2 4-6, and mix 3 7-9. The levels where the compounds are not expected just leave the values blanks. If you recalibrated the method, make sure to only use clear at level do not clear all. 

Marty

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?