Asymmetric or Symmetric EIC

Can someone explain to me when is preferable to use Assymetric EIC instread of Symmetric EIC? 

thank you 

Parents
  • Hello,

Is the question in relation to GC-MS or LC-MS? Please let me know and I can move the post to the appropriate group as they may have more information based on the application you are doing. Optimizing the mass range for needed for an EIC extraction should be based on the compounds you are analyzing. The default setting should be a good middle ground. Some applications, you may want to adjust that value, but it would be based on the structures of what you are analyzing. 

Marty Adams

• Hello,

Is the question in relation to GC-MS or LC-MS? Please let me know and I can move the post to the appropriate group as they may have more information based on the application you are doing. Optimizing the mass range for needed for an EIC extraction should be based on the compounds you are analyzing. The default setting should be a good middle ground. Some applications, you may want to adjust that value, but it would be based on the structures of what you are analyzing. 

Marty Adams

Children
Was this helpful?